Spring 2015: In a moment, it will be upon us!
These courses make an ideal Christmas present, of course. We can forward a voucher for the Christmas stocking, if you like!
- Wednesday 18th March, 2015: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Saturday 28th March, 2015: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Wednesday 1st April, 2015: Festive Easter Breads
- Wednesday 8th April, 2015: Italian Breads
- Saturday 18th April, 2015: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Wednesday 29th April, 2015: Sourdough Techniques
- Saturday 9th May, 2015: French Breads
- Wednesday 20th May, 2015: Scandinavian Breads
- Saturday 30th May, 2015: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Wednesday 10th June, 2015: Sourdough Techniques
- Saturday 20th June, 2015: Italian Breads
- Wednesday 1st July, 2015: French Breads
- Wednesday 8th July, 2015: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Saturday 18th July, 2015: Scandinavian Breads
We’re delighted to consider offering Bespoke Courses for a minimum of 3 participants, maximum of 4, on an available Wednesday or Saturday of your choice. The minimum course fee in this instance would be £85 per participant; gather your mates together, chat about what you want to learn, make a booking with Carrie, and come out to our friendly bakery in the fells of Sparty Lea and enjoy the countryside!
Instead of a booking form, we’re going to suggest that bookings should be confirmed by telephone (01434) 685047 or email (email@example.com) and payment should follow to hold the booking, by cheque (payable to Allendale Bakery Ltd) or by BACS, as we will specify at the time of booking, if this is more convenient.
Prices for our courses start at £85 for Breadmaking for Beginners, £90-£95 for culture-specific and Sourdough breads, to £100 for the Fancy and Festive Bread courses, since the ingredients are so much more expensive for these breads. Fancy Bread courses involve a variety of tea cakes, fruit bread, bara brith, chelsea buns, for example, while Festive Bread courses incorporate several different Christmas or Easter breads from a variety of cultures. Each day-long course starts with coffee and introductions at 8:30 am, high in the fells here in Sparty Lea, and includes a lovely lunch and afternoon tea, with all the bread you’ve made ready to pack up and take home at about 4:00pm.
We accept cash, cheque, or BACS payment, and we must emphasise that payments are not transferrable nor refundable in the event a date subsequently becomes inconvenient for the student. We are delighted to provide vouchers usable for any course, but when a course is booked on a voucher claim or by conventional means, that booking is not transferrable. [We are considering increasing our fees by 50% because of students trying to exchange dates at the last moment, which leaves us in the lurch; our non-transferrable policy is our best attempt to keep our course fees down, so please note when booking!] If we have to cancel any course, a full refund will be given, naturally.