As we write, there are still a few banks of snow up on the fellsides, but spring is appearing at last down below in Sparty Lea! And our bread making courses are as popularly subscribed as ever! We can’t emphasize enough the need to enquire early, and book fast, in order to ensure a place on one of our courses.
- Breadmaking for Beginners; Wednesday 5th June
- French Breadmaking; Wednesday 26th June
- Italian Breadmaking; Wednesday 3rd July
- Sourdough Techniques; Saturday 6th July
- Scandinavian Breadmaking; Wednesday 10th July
- Breadmaking for Beginners; Saturday 27th July
- Italian Breadmaking; Wednesday 31st July
Enquire first either by email (email@example.com) or by phone (01434) 685047, and look out for the current booking form which we shall endeavour to upload soon here. Elsewhere on our posts and on our Courses page, and also here, we must note that courses booked are not transferrable; when we take a booking, we are unable to exchange that spot for another course on another date.
We regret that we will only be able to accept a booking for our courses upon receipt of full payment in advance at the point of booking; all course fees are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Payment may be made by cheque (payable to Allendale Bakery Ltd), by debit/credit card or PayPal, or by cash. We do reserve the right to cancel any course, in which case we will immediately return all fees received.
By popular demand, we’ve added an additional Breadmaking for Beginners course, on Saturday 6th April. Just like our other very well received BforB courses, this one has filled oh-so-quickly already! [Now two days after announcing this day, it's full].. . . Enquire, do, by ‘phone (01434) 685047 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org about any of our courses, and we’ll always do our best to deal as fairly according to demand, as we can.
Looking ahead just a little bit, we’ve scheduled in a new set of courses for spring 2013, so that those who love to plan ahead can organise their own schedule accordingly. Our courses are held on Wednesdays and Saturdays, cleverly interspersed and intercalated into our own baking schedule, as our online diary shows. The cost of the courses varies between £85 and £100 — the ingredients of our Festive Bread courses, for example, are very pricey! The great thing about our courses is that you learn to bake the breads, and then you take home everything that you’ve baked throughout the day! As time progresses, courses already finished are italicised.
- Saturday 16th March, 2013: Breadmaking for Beginners [now full]
- Wednesday 20th March, 2013: Sourdough Techniques
- Wednesday 27th March, 2013: Festive Breads
- Saturday 6th April, 2013: Breadmaking for Beginners [now full]
- Saturday 20th April, 2013: Scandinavian* Breads [3 booked, space for 1 more]
- Wednesday 24th April, 2013: Breadmaking for Beginners [now full]
- Wednesday 1st May, 2013: Sourdough Techniques [spaces available]
- Wednesday 8th May, 2013: Breadmaking for Beginners [spaces available]
- Saturday 11th May, 2013: Italian Breads [3 booked, space for 1 more]
- Wednesday 22nd May, 2013: Scandinavian* Breads [spaces available]
- Wednesday 29th May, 2013: Breadmaking for Beginners [fully booked]
We offer our Booking Form for these courses in the link below, along with further details of the breads anticipated during each day:
If you wish to book a place, do contact us quickly, as we limit course numbers to just 4 on any given day, and places are filled fast.
Contact Details: Allendale Bakery at Elpha Green: 01434 685047
* Scandinavian Breads: There are such a lot of great breads created by our Scandinavian neighbours that we wanted to develop a baking day to concentrate on them. Breads like Limpa, or Julekage (fruit), rye bread and flat bread, almond or beer breads. It looks like a wonderful experience of new taste sensations.