By popular demand, Carrie has got out her special diary and assessed the most reasonable dates for our Bread Making Course offerings for this coming spring! Eeee, and it’s not even proper winter yet. Never mind, it’s important, we know, to get these dates sorted out, because lots of people love to present the most wonderful gift voucher imaginable to their friends and loved ones, and we’re delighted to issue them to arrive in time for the festive season. So it will help to know what courses we plan to offer in the first half of next year, ie 2014.
- Saturday 15th March, 2014: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Saturday 22nd March, 2014: Sourdough Techniques
- Wednesday 26th March, 2014: Fancy Breads*
- Wednesday 2nd April, 2014: French Breads
- Saturday 5th April, 2014: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Saturday 12th April, 2014: Festive Breads (Easter)
- Wednesday 16th April, 2014: Festive Breads (Easter)
- Wednesday 23rd April, 2014: Italian Breads
- Wednesday 30th April, 2014: Scandinavian Breads
- Wednesday 7th May, 2014: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Wednesday 14th May, 2014: Sourdough Techniques
- Saturday 24th May, 2014: Fancy Breads*
- Wednesday 28th May, 2014: French Breads
- Wednesday 4th June, 2014: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Wednesday 11th June, 2014: Italian Breads
- Wednesday 18th June, 2014: Scandinavian Breads
- Saturday 21st June, 2014: Fancy Breads*
- Wednesday 25th June, 2014: Sourdough Techniques
We’re delighted to consider offering Bespoke Courses for a minimum of 3 participants, maximum of 4, on an available Wednesday or Saturday of your choice. The minimum course fee in this instance would be £85 per participant; gather your mates together, chat about what you want to learn, make a booking with Carrie, and come out to our friendly bakery in the fells of Sparty Lea and enjoy the countryside!
Meanwhile, back to prosaic reality . . . *What do we offer on our Fancy Breads course? Carrie has been feeling that some special bread items are not fully covered in our other courses, like tea cakes or fruit loaves, and so she is keen to offer a special selection of traditional sweet and savoury breads on our Fancy Bread courses.
Instead of a booking form, we’re going to suggest that bookings should be confirmed by telephone (01434) 685047 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and payment should follow to hold the booking, by cheque (payable to Allendale Bakery Ltd) or by BACS, as we will specify at the time of booking, if this is more convenient.
Prices for our courses start at £85 for Breadmaking for Beginners, £90-£95 for culture-specific and Sourdough breads, to £100 for the Fancy and Festive Bread courses. Each day-long course starts with coffee and introductions at 8:30 am, high in the fells here in Sparty Lea, and includes a lovely lunch and afternoon tea, with all the bread you’ve made ready to pack up and take home at about 4:00pm.
We accept cash, cheque, or BACS payment, and we must emphasise that payments are not transferrable nor refundable in the event a date subsequently becomes inconvenient for the student. We are delighted to provide vouchers usable for any course, but when a course is booked on a voucher claim or by conventional means, that booking is not transferrable. [We are considering increasing our fees by 50% because of students trying to exchange dates at the last moment, which leaves us in the lurch; our non-transferrable policy is our best attempt to keep our course fees down, so please note when booking!] If we have to cancel any course, a full refund will be given, naturally.